The fun doesn’t stop when you get out of the water! Save money on attractions with the Wild Fun Pass!
Outdoor attractions are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
If you like thrills and excitement, you’ll want to check out our indoor, two-story Wilderwoods Go-Kart Trail. It’s located next door to the Glitter Gulch Arcade in the New Frontier region of the hotel. The 525-foot long course offers a total adrenaline rush as you race with your family and friends around crazy turns and cork screws in one of our 20 electric cars.
- Guests must be at least 56” tall and 10 years old to drive a kart.
- Guests must be at least 60” tall and 18 years old to drive a kart with a passenger.
- Guests must be at least 36’’ tall and 4 years old to be a passenger in a double kart
- $6.00 - Price does not include tax.
New Circus Themed Room Added!
Our first two Room Escapes by D.O.A., The Hotel and The Basement build upon a series of real-life incidents that occurred during the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair. The Hotel features a recreation of its lobby and will be integrated with clues and puzzles to help the visitors find their way out! The Basement inspires a mindset of urgency and confusion as up to 12 participants navigate the layered twists of the room while spontaneous audio, visual, and animated objects will invade their senses.
The Circus is unlike our other two room escapes, which hold teams of up to 12 people. The new room is smaller and accommodates groups of up to 6 people. The challenge presented is to find the key needed to locate the missing circus acts and start the Big Top Performance. Children are encouraged to do most of the investigating while parents help with putting the deciphered riddles and clues into the final order to solve the puzzle. Families will have 30 minutes to complete the experience.
Challenge your family and friends to a showdown at the OK Corral, our massive 4,000 square-foot lazer tag arena with two levels! Teams of up to 12 players are able to make their way into the Town Square and compete for points while avoiding shots from other players and from the game itself!
The OK Corral laser tag arena is located near the New Frontier Lobby. Participants must be at least 5-years old to play. $7 +tax per player.
In the old days, Boomtowns were always looking for hired guns to act as the law. You’ll be able to see if you have what it takes to become a deputy when you go through the Marshall Training Lazer Maze. You’ll have to use your speed and agility to successfully navigate through the maze. If you break a beam, your time will be penalized. Only those with the best times will be named Marshall.
• $5 per player.
• Located next to the OK Corral Lazer Tag Arena near the New Frontier Lobby.
The Northern Lights Sky Ropes Course will be closed beginning April 23rd at 3:00 pm through April 28th at 3:00 pm. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
The Northern Lights Sky Ropes Course is perched 30 feet above one of our mega arcades! Wearing a full-body safety harness, you’ll climb your way around 42 challenges with varying degrees of difficulty. Walk the tight rope, balance on rickety bridges and brave the balance beams!
This attraction is located in the Wild West region of the Wilderness Hotel near Timberland Play Park.
- $9 for 30 minutes
- The maximum weight for this attraction is 300 pounds.
- There is not a minimum height or weight. However, the safety harness must fit correctly.
- Guests must be 42" tall to enjoy this attraction.
- Guests under 48" must be accompanied by an adult.
Get ready for an indoor bump, splash and spray bumper boat adventure! Bring mom. Bring dad. Bring the whole family! See who can bump the most, splash the most and get the other boaters the most wet!
The bumper boats are located in the Wild West Indoor Waterpark.
- $4 per ride
- Riders must be at least 48" tall to ride alone
- Under 48" tall may ride with parent or guardian
Wild Abyss indoor black light mini golf course feature intense graphics and 3-D glasses to make your game even more wild. Wild Abyss features huge tropical aquariums with a variety of sea creatures and fish to look at while you play! Wild Abyss mini golf is located in the Wild West region of The Wilderness hotel.
Located in the Wild West region of Wilderness Hotel:
- Wild Abyss: $7 Adults, $5 Children
*A child is considered to be 3-11 years of age. This attraction not recommended for children 2 years and younger.
Click here for Wilderness Resort attractions information and pricing.
The WildKids team offers scheduled activities and crafts for families to do together. Create your own Stuff-A-Critter or design your own tie-dyed Wilderness t-shirt!
Pick-up the WildKids Activity Schedule when you check-in since activities are subject to change.
WildKids Activities are held at:
- The WildKids Kiosk in the Wild WaterDome Indoor Waterpark all year long.
- Glacier Canyon WildKids Club: (Sept-May) located in the lower level of Glacier Canyon Lodge, directly below the lobby and next to the X-Treme Adventure mega prize arcade.
- During our summer months join us at Lost World and Lake Wilderness outdoor waterparks.
- Daily Duck Races: Head over to the Klondike Kavern everyday just before the park opens for your chance to be the day's Ken-Ducky Derby Champion! This fun activity is sure to become a tradition every time you visit! Kids pick a rubber duck, and race them in several heats in our lazy river for prizes. The grand champion each day receives a Ken-Ducky Derby Champion t-shirt. (No charge.)
- Arts & Crafts Everyday: Tie-dye your own shirt, create sand art, or do another fun craft. All make great mementos of your fun vacation at the Wilderness. Craft & activity prices range from free to $25.
New activities are always popping up!
Northern Lights Mega Arcade will be closed beginning April 23rd at 3:00 pm through April 28th, 2017. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Northern Lights Arcade • Glitter Gulch Arcade • X-Treme Adventure Arcade
When you want to dry off a little bit we have three huge interactive arcades with high-tech fun and other games, some of which are redeemable for credits toward fun prizes.
- The Northern Lights Arcade is located in the Wild West region of the hotel on the 1st floor.
- Glitter Gulch is just down the stairs from the New Frontier Lobby.
- X-treme Adventure Arcade is on the 1st floor of Glacier Canyon Lodge, directly below the lobby.
Green Initiative: Our arcades are transitioning from tokens and paper tickets to swipe cards! You can load your cards at a kiosk, and then swipe at the games. If it is a game that awards credits, any credits won will automatically load onto your card. When your stay is over you can redeem your credits for fun prizes. No more tokens (more hygienic) and no more tickets (less paper)! Yeah!
Timberland will be closed April 23rd, 2017, as we install a brand NEW Timberland Park. We expect to open Timberland 2.0 early this Summer. Check back for more details!
Have an amazingly fun time in this 3,000 square-foot, four-story DRY interactive area that features countless foam ball blasters, a ball fountain that launches hundreds of balls into the air at once, interesting crawl spaces, obstacles and slides.
Timberland is located in the Wild West region of Wilderness Hotel.
- The park also has a special toddler crawl zone, which features a soft foam play area just for the little ones.
- Timberland is reserved for children under the age of 12 and their parents.
- Socks are required for guests playing in Timberland Play Park.
- There are socks available for purchase in a vending machine near the play area.
Reserved for children under the age of 12 and their parents.
Choose from our huge assortment of ceramic pieces including plates, mugs, banks, boxes and more. We’ll provide you with the paint, brushes, special tools and simple instructions so you can create your own masterpiece! Remember your Wilderness vacation for years to come with your one-of-a-kind souvenir. Prices start at just $8.
Located at Wilderness Hotel on the 2nd floor near Klondike Kavern Indoor Waterpark.
- Open daily at 9 a.m.
- We will fire the pottery and have it ready for you to take home the next day.
- Shipping available.
- No appointment is necessary, and no talent is required.
- Visit the Polka Dot Pots website for more information and look for a coupon in your check-in packet.
- Call (608) 253-9729 ext. 4992 from your cell phone or just 4992 from your hotel phone.
The Wilderness Canyon Zip Line Tour has tours available all year long!
Soar through the tree tops over Lost Canyon on a tour that spans 6 towers! Watch the canyon pass below your feet as you take the plunge over 60 feet in the air. Zip lining is a great activity for corporate groups, team building, families, parties, reunions and dates! We ask that during the colder months, please reserve your tour in advance so that we can make sure we are fully staffed for your group! If you have any questions or would like to book your tour, call 608-253-9729 then dial ext. 4764.
* Reservations are required during off-peak times of the year. They are recommended during the summer since popular times often fill quickly.
Resort Guests: $45 plus tax
Public: $55 plus tax
All participants must sign a waiver before their tour. Participants 17 years and under must have signed permission from parent or legal guardian and parent or legal guardian must be present at beginning and end of tour.
Rules, Restrictions and Regulations
- Participants must weigh at least 70 pounds and no more than 270 pounds.
- Participants should be in good health and free of neck or back injuries.
- Participants must wear closed-toe shoes which secure at the heel. Flip flops and slides may not be worn.
- Participants under 17 must have signed permission from parent or legal guardian, and the parent or legal guardian must be present at beginning and end of tour.
- Forms are available upon arrival at the Zip Line Tour Registration Office.
Designed For Excitement!
- Tour consists of 6 platform towers & 5 "zips"
- Maximum tower height - 60 feet
- Maximum speed - 25 MPH
- Canyon floor - 55 feet down
- Longest run - 907 feet
Built For Safety
- We train and certify all of our zip line guides.
- No hand braking. Our system slows and brakes automatically as you glide into the platforms.
- Guests remain connected to one of two safety connections at all times throughout the course.
- This is an engineered course professionally designed for safety.
- Cancellation of tour within 24 hours of reservation will result in full charge of entire tour/group reservation.
Open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
This exciting 18-hole outdoor mini golf course is located by the Lost World Outdoor Waterpark and close to where the Go-Karts speed by. See how many dinosaurs you can identify throughout the course, and be sure to have your picture taken in the huge broken dinosaur egg at the end!
Located by the Lost World Outdoor Waterpark:
- Open seasonally as weather permits.
- $6 Adult, $5 Child*
*A child is considered to be 3-11 years of age. This attraction not recommended for children 2 years and younger.
Open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Get ready for some serious kart-racing fun on our Lost World Go-Karts. Race your family! Race your friends! Find out who is the fastest and most skilled driver going around the winding turning track. We also have a Kiddy Kart track geared for the younger drivers who want to test out their skills on the course as well!
- Must be at least 60" tall & 18 years old to drive with a passenger
- Must be at least 36" tall to ride
- Double Kart ride:$6.00
- Must be at least 56" tall and at least 10 years old to drive
- Single Cart ride: $6
- Our Kiddy Kart track is separate from the Go-Kart track making it perfect for beginning drivers that are 4-9 years old.
- Kiddy Kart ride: $6
Both tracks are located in the Lost World Waterpark, near the Big Dig Eatery.
Take a ride back in time in a covered, horse-drawn wagon. Be our guest for a wagon ride in an 1800’s era replica of a Conestoga wagon. Pulled by a team of one-ton draft horses, you can sit back and enjoy the picturesque Wisconsin woods from the comfort of the wagon. Listen to the birds and catch a glimpse of the end of Lost Canyon on this scenic jaunt.
Wagon ride dates and hours can be found on the Wilderness Express schedule, available at the front desk. Weather conditions do impact availability.
Rides last between 15 and 20 minutes and start at Glacier Canyon Lodge, just under the skywalk. Our wagon holds 10-16 people, depending on number of children. Feel free to ask the driver questions about the horses, or anything else you might see. There is not an extra charge for this fun adventure and gratuities are at your own discretion if you enjoy your ride.
A little more about the wagon: The covered wagon is an icon of the American Old West. Our wagon is a replica of a Conestoga Wagon, also known as a Prairie schooner. They were best known for their use in migration of settlers westward across our country. One covered wagon generally represented five people. A well-to-do family might have two or three wagons, or a group of single men traveling together might share a wagon. While crossing the plains, emigrants banded together to form wagon trains for mutual assistance and occasionally defense.
Some wagons were larger and required teams of six horses or oxen, even on a good road. The wagons were usually very uncomfortable to ride in. They didn’t have smooth roads to travel on and there weren’t shocks to absorb the bumps. Lots of times, people chose to walk alongside their wagons, rather than have to ride in them. (Don’t worry, our wagon has modern conveniences like springs to make your ride much more comfortable!)
The term “Prairie Schooner” is a fanciful name for the covered wagon; the white canvas covers of the wagons crossing the prairies reminded some writers of the sails of a ship at sea.
Wilderland Park is a peaceful, grassy park in the middle of our Frontier Condominiums. Enjoy a stroll along its walking paths, watch the goslings in one of the ponds, or gather the family at a picnic table in the evening. There are park grills available so bring along charcoal and the fixings for a little summer grilling. Don’t forget your volleyball and take advantage of our sand volleyball court too!
Tuesday evenings in the summer, Wilderland Park is the home of outdoor movies on the hill. After a day of playing in the waterparks, a snuggle under the stars enjoying a family movie seems like the perfect way to end the day.
A half-mile walking path (please no bikes or skateboards)
- Outdoor movie Tuesday nights in the summer season
Benches overlooking ponds populated with ducks & geese
Grilling and picnic areas
- Sand volleyball court (please bring your own ball)
Please enjoy this family activity zone, but be mindful of the rules of use:
Please do not allow children unattended near ponds.
No bicycles, skateboards, motorized vehicles, dogs, baseball games, lawn darts, horseshoes or rough-housing.
Enjoy a quiet stroll on our foot path through the woods. There, you will see a mature hardwood forest along with our beautiful Lost Canyon which is rich in wildlife. The path begins in the woods on the north side of Glacier Canyon Lodge near the conference center. You may even see horses and riders go past you on your stroll. Please help keep our trails clean and take any litter back to the waste receptacles near every entrance. Thank you!
This path was a part of the original golf course here at Wilderness.
For Resort Guests Only: $24.95 +tax.
The Wild Fun Pass lets you try a whole bunch of Wilderness attractions for one low price! The Wild Fun Pass includes one admission to Indoor Go-Karts, Lazer Tag, Lazer Maze, Black Light Mini Golf and MORE! Click DETAILS for a list of attractions.
Ask our Attractions Staff about our *NEW* UNLIMITED Fun Pass!
- 1 Admission to the Northern Lights Sky Ropes Course
- 9 Holes of black light mini golf at the Wild Abyss
- 1 Bumper boat ride at the Wild West Bumper Boats*
- 1 Game of laser tag at the OK Corral Lazer Tag Arena
- 1 Admission to the Marshall Training Lazer Maze
- 1 Admission to the Wilderwoods Indoor Go-Kart Trail
- $1 Off hand-blended ice cream at Pistol Pete's
* The bumper boats are located in the Wild West Waterpark. If that waterpark is closed during your stay, speak with an attractions attendant about substituting another attraction.
The Wild Fun Pass only includes indoor attractions and is not available during the summer. Summer is considered Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. During the summer the Extreme Fun Pass is available and has all of the indoor attractions listed above PLUS the outdoor Go-Karts and 18 Hole Mini Golf Course.
For Resort Guests Only: $29.95 +tax.
Each pass includes one admission per attraction to each of these:
- 1 Admission to Northern Lights Sky Ropes Course
- 9 Holes of black light mini-golf at the Wild Abyss
- 1 Go-Kart or Kiddy Kart Ride at Lost World Go-Karts
- 1 Game at the Wilderness OK Corral Lazer Arena
- 1 Admission at the Marshall Training Lazer Maze
- 1 Bumper boat ride at the Wild West Bumper Boats
- 18-Holes at Lost World Outdoor Mini Golf
- 1 Admission to the NEW Wilderwoods Indoor Go-Karts
- $10 Off 1 admission at Wilderness Canyon ZipLine Tour
The Extreme Fun Pass is only available during the summer, which is considered Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.